General Information about Eating Disorders and Treatment Resources
National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- The leading non-profit organization in the United States advocating on behalf of and supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. Toll-free confidential helpline: 1-800-931-2237
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- A non-profit corporation that seeks to prevent and alleviate the problems of eating disorders, especially anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.
Eating Disorders Resources Center (EDRC)
- A non-profit organization that links resources, information, and support for eating disorders in Silicon Valley. Offers a comprehensive online resources directory.
Eating Disorders Coalition (EDC)
- The advocacy organization for eating disorders. Advancing recognition of eating disorders as a public healthy priority at the federal and state level.
Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- A global professional association committed to leadership in eating disorders research, education, treatment, and prevention.
Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA)
- A national organization focused on providing leadership, recognition, prevention, and treatment of BED and associated weight stigma.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- The largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery, and cure.
The Renfrew Center
- The nation’s first residential eating disorder facility, Renfrew offers residential treatment, day treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, and outpatient services to women suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, eating disorder not otherwise specified (EDNOS), and related mental health problems.
- A non-profit organization that provides grant funding for people with eating disorders who cannot otherwise afford treatment.
© 2014 Joanna Kay
Don’t Live Small
- Tina Klaus offers a combination of inspiration, practical advice, supportive resources, understanding, and personal thoughts, all while giving hope and encouragement that it’s never to late to turn things around on the journey towards recovery.
The Nikki DuBose
- Former model Nikki DuBose’s site dedicated to promoting positive body image and the true meaning of B.E.A.U.T.Y.
- The official blog of the National Eating Disorders Association.
Science of Eating Disorders
- A site dedicated to critically evaluating peer-reviewed eating disorder research and making it more accessible to the public. The goal is to foster an interaction between bloggers, researchers, clinicians, families, patients, and interested readers.
Don Blackwell: One Dad’s Perspectives on Life, Love, Faith, and Hope